Our agency is currently looking for a Driver to help maintain our transportation services for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. We are seeking energetic, professional and outgoing people to ensure our clients are truly served in a tangible way that has a positive influence on their day. If you have experience working with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disability and this sound like a fun and exciting opportunity to exercise your hospitality and safe driving skills, please review the position and requirements.
If you desire to work in a professional and outgoing atmosphere where the Individuals are truly served, this is a great opportunity with flexible hours and a chance to truly impact a Licensed Residential Program. We are currently hiring for this position and you MUST complete an application to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be aware of the Individuals location and actions at all times.
- Pick up and drop off Individuals to day programs, community activities and appointments.
- Be helpful, approachable and outgoing toward all Individuals and their staff.
- Keep track of the Individuals activities and appointment schedules and paperwork.
- Required to retain availability during peak times, which might include holidays, stormy weather, public transit strikes, evenings and weekends.
- Required to have good communication skills in dealing with the Individuals, their staff and family.
- Required to have a general understanding of the time for pick-up and drop off.
- Required to strictly follow safety guidelines.
- Required to immediately report any accidents, claims or otherwise having to do with the Individuals, staff and/or vehicle.
- Responsible for the vehicle under your care while on shift.
- May be required to pick up shifts working in the Residential Sites.
- Maintain a gossip-free work environment.
- Pass all screenings of Motor Vehicle Record check, Background Check and application assessments (must complete all assessments in application process)
- Experience working with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disability required.
- Strong desire to deliver a ‘high quality’ customer service experience
- Possess ability and willingness to solve problems independently but also reach out to your supervisor if unsure of an answer
- Maintain order and presence on property at all times through safe and aware driving practices.
- Knowledge of how to Navigate the City of Philadelphia and the surrounding counties is very essential to be successful in this position and is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Job seekers are encouraged to apply here: https://casmircares.com/apply-online/
Site Supervisor-Residential Program
Direct supervision of Direct Support Professionals working with Adults with Intellectual Disability/Autism in a Chapter 6400 regulated Home. Supervision includes staff schedules, disciplines, Individuals appointments, Community activities as well as the overall well-being, health and safety of the Individuals (Adults with Intellectual Disability/Autism) living in the home. Must have a working knowledge of the 6400 regulations. Ability to complete and confirm required documentation to verify service delivery, and performance of the assigned staff as required. Assist with staff training and monitoring the daily activities of the Individuals’ homes.
• Abide by established policies and procedures of the Agency, County, and State.
• Offers direction and supervision for compliance to direct support professionals.
• Anticipates crisis situations effectively using knowledge of individual likes, dislikes, stressors, and communication style.
• Assure individuals have a comfortable, clean, orderly, properly stocked and safe environment, which includes food shopping.
• Attend and participate in all required training sessions according to agency requirements.
• Complete required paperwork in a timely manner, i.e. individual documentation, staff counseling.
• Coordinates and reviews individuals’ logs and ensures that they are kept accurate and up-to-date.
• Communicate and/or attends treatment team meetings to plan individuals’ programs and review progress.
• Effectively communicates with residential staff, case managers and families in a timely manner
• Evaluates and appropriately acts in emergency situations; assists as needed.
• Provides supervision to staff (both positive and constructive). Accept appropriate feedback in good faith and in a professional, courteous, and respective manner.
• Ensures that programmatic and behavioral routines are followed as established; follows established procedures when making changes.
• Review program books in the individual’s home, making staff aware of its content.
• Monitors the quality and completion of all paperwork to and from staff.
• Participation in the implementation of individual support plans as well as the coordination of training of the support plan.
• Remains aware of behavioral and/or medical status of individuals; notifies appropriate authorities.
• Assist in psychiatric appointments of individuals assigned. • Responds immediately to crisis situations such as accidents, aggressive behaviors, illness, seizures, etc. of individuals assigned.
• Stays informed of and monitors compliance with the daily medical and nutritional needs of each individual assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
At least 3 years of experience working in a Residential Program. Previous Residential Supervisor experience with Adults with Intellectual Disabilities living in a Chapter 6400 regulated Home preferred. College degree preferred but not required. You must have unrestricted access to a private automobile for site visits, meetings, site emergencies etc. as required for the position.
New prospective employees must include the consent form with the Child Abuse Clearance.
This will allow a copy of the report to be sent to our Office.
A $10 money order must be included.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Job seekers are encouraged to attend an open house to learn about Casmir Care and the individuals we serve.
We are looking for a talented individual who shares our dedication to the people we serve and support, to bring on board as a Nurse. We are dedicated to supporting people as they strive for increasing independence, personal growth, and opportunities in their communities. We believe that every person is unique and, therefore, everyone’s path and needs are unique. Our approach to care puts the needs of the people and communities we serve at the center of every decision. If you are a positive and personable individual looking for a satisfying and flexible opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with intellectual/ developmental disabilities, join our team!
Responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor healthcare needs of individuals receiving services.
- delivering nursing care and coordinating nursing activities as a member of the management team
- Contact and communicate with Primary care Physicians, Dentists, and other healthcare specialists as needed.
- Complete all necessary documentation and miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Conduct training for administrative and direct support staff on health-related topics that supports the overall health and well-being of the individuals we support.
- Review medication administration records to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing standards.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from the norm. Assesses condition of individuals supported monthly and/or per physician order.
- Help develop protocols, policies, and procedures (including training materials) to assist in supporting the healthcare needs of the individuals we support
- Maintain individual’s confidentiality per company policy and HIPAA privacy rule regulations.
- Attend recognized training to successfully maintain professional license
- Attend training and conferences as directed by supervisors, in accordance with company policy and regulation as needed.
- Attend required supervision sessions and staff meetings in accordance with program/company requirements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with individuals, families, and staff from a variety of cultures and social backgrounds.
- Conducts nursing and quality assurance assessments to monitor health, treatment, and sanitary conditions of residential homes.
- Registered Nurse with a current valid nursing license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a strong knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment.
- Two-year nursing experience or one year working with individuals with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (IDD).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Knowledge of intellectual disability and mental health system.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- The ability to lift and position patients of various weights to and from assorted patient equipment while maintaining patient comfort and safety.
- The ability to carry, fold, kneel, reach, stack, stoop and bend which may include direct intervention with clients.
- Possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- May require crisis intervention in emergency situations.
- May be required to report to work during emergencies including inclement weather
The Director of Programs at Casmir Care Services will develop, implement and monitor procedures to meet agency policies and contract management including the preparation of comprehensive reports for funding sources. This professional shall embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles and the organizational goals of Casmir Care Services. The programs that will come under the supervision of the Director of Programs include the Home and Community Based Services Programs as well as the Chapter 6400 Community Homes Residential Program of the agency.
- Oversee the Home and Community Based Services Program and Chapter 6400 Community Homes for Indidivudlas with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Provide input for budget development; manage and implement program budgets; ensure programs stay within allocated budget; follow policies and procedures for procurement; ensure financial records are complete, thorough and submitted in a timely manner; complete audits of programs and consumer finances to ensure funds are safeguarded.
- Be an effective member of the multi-disciplinary team by being able to problem solve issues with Individuals, families and Supports Coordination Agencies. Experience working with/ relating with Supports Coordination agencies essential.
- Arrange for, as well as facilitate staff development, education and training activities to meet the need of the overall agency.
- Good knowledge of 55 PA Code Chapters 51 and Chapters 52 regulations, Chapter 6400 regulations highly essential.
- Ensure adherence to PA Department of Human Services’ (DHS) Office of Developmental Programs (ODP), Office of Long Term Living (OLTL) and Bureau of Autism Services Provider regulations.
- Ensure the highest quality of care for the Individuals supported.
- Oversee the Individual referral/ assessment/intake process to ensure that a broad and needed range of services are matched with the identified need in the community.
- Implement approved procedural and operating practices for all services in keeping with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- The Director of Programs will be expected to grow the overall Individual base of the agency by employing good networking, communication and knowledge skills. Knowledge of the PA Intellectual Disability, Autism and Office of Long Term Living System is important.
- Master’s degree in the Human Services field strongly desired.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the Human Services [preferably Home and Community Based and 6400 regulated Residential Services] with supervisory/managerial responsibilities.
- Must be flexible to meet Individual and Program’s needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license; good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meeting and networking events.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Maintaining professional image of the agency and themselves at all time.
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Directing visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office.
- Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment.
- Maintaining the overall office condition thereby ensuring cleanliness at all times as well as making necessary arrangements for needed repairs/maintenance.
- Liaising with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Ensuring that all items/services provided are invoiced and paid on time.
- Provision of general support to visitors.
- Addressing employees queries regarding office management issues.
- Liaising with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Receiving, sorting and distribution of daily mail/deliveries
- Performing other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing.
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Ensuring reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Providing basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Maintaining security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintaining technical knowledge of one’s position to promote growth within the company
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Receiving and logging in payroll timesheets as well as onward delivery to the appropriate department.
- Liaising with support coordination agencies, the county and State departments to ensure efficient communication as well as mutually beneficial relationship with the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education requirement of high school diploma.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Stress tolerance
- Pleasant personality
Job Type: Full-time
Job seekers are encouraged to apply here: https://casmircares.com/apply-online/
Safety: Security, Environment, Health
- Maintain a safe and clean environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of the Individual(s). Knowledge of crisis interventions, mental health diagnosis, and therapeutic relationships processes.
*Administers medication in accordance with medical provider directions and Casmir Cares Services /State of Pennsylvania policies (Medication Certified Residential Program only)
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individual’s many daily living needs including but not limited to: communication and socialization skills, nutrition, preparing proper meals, proper hygiene. Teach the Individual the importance of making his/her bed each morning, the importance of exercise by leading Individual in exercise routines when needed and weight control
- Assist in maintaining Individual’s well-being by keeping his/her home clean, safe and orderly.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of health and medical issues for all assigned individual(s) supported
- Assist individual(s) with healthcare visits, (*Medication-Certified Staff-Residential Program only) and behavior support plans (BSP)
- Assure Individual’s safety by observing and reporting any risk and notifying appropriate Supervisor/ Service Coordinator of any health concerns or needs for the individual(s)
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding the safety of the individual(s) in all environments
- Be a personal companion to the individual(s) and act as a helping hand serving his/her needs and working to build his/her independence
- While performing the duties of this job, employee are occasionally required to stand; sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, reach with arms and hands, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift and/or move at least 50-75 pounds
Programmatic: Choice, Active treatment, Community Resources
- Implement, demonstrate and teach specific skills as outlined in the individual support plans as written (ISP), Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and any other clinical aspect for the Individual.
- Obtain knowledge of individual(s) supported desired outcomes and works to ensure they are integrated into daily activities
- Provide assistance and support to individual(s) in activities of daily living
- Teach appropriate skills and involve individual(s) in meaningful and valued activities
- Provide and seek out opportunities for individual(s) to make choices
Rights, Dignity and Respect:
- Incorporate time, space, and opportunity for privacy in the life of individual(s) supported
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personal information concerning individual(s) supported
- Understand, advocates and respects the rights of individual(s) supported
- Treat individual(s) supported, his/her family, coworkers and Supervisor/Service Coordinator with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate the importance of community involvement, social interactions, and maintaining relationships by engaging Individual in community activities and active treatment when in the home or community.
- Develop and facilitate community connections and relationships
- Assist individual(s) in developing and following a person centered schedule
- Aid individual(s) to participate in activities of their choosing
- Provides opportunities for activities in various settings and transportation as needed
- Encourage individual(s) supported to give back to the community
Customer Service and Excellence:
- Exhibit professional behavior towards the individual(s) supported, families, coworkers, and Supervisor/Service Coordinator
- Network with coworkers, the community and other professionals to find better ways to include individual(s) in routine life activities and community activities
- Participate in treatment meetings in keeping with the goals and practices of the Individual
- Willingly assist individual in activities of daily living including bathing, toileting and other self help skills
- Willingly support individuals with challenging behavior(s)
- While on shift staff must stay on site, any outings must be approved by Supervisor/Service Coordinator and documented properly
- Communicate with Supervisor/Service Coordinator, Individual’s Team and (*Individual’s family- HCBS Program only)
- Handle and maintain individual/agency finances ethically, honestly and accurately with appropriate documentation and receipts
- Provide clear, accurate and timely records and documentation
- Follow all agency policies and procedures
- Provide emergency coverage when requested by management
- Take initiative in performing additional tasks as needed or as assigned
- All Casmir Care Services staff are required to maintain a professional appearance that contributes to the image of the Individual, his/her family, visitor(s), co-worker(s) and stakeholders
- Provide positive and appropriate feedback to coworkers, team members, Supervisor/Service Coordinators and agency representatives
- Participate in and complete all periodic training(s) and certification(s) as required
- Keep personnel records up-to-date by providing updated ID, phone numbers and home address
- Report all concerns to the appropriate Supervisor/Service Coordinator in a timely manner
Mentor and train new staff to ensure that the workplace is a positive and productive environment (*Residential Staff Only)
- Attend and participate in all assigned meetings, sharing ideas, discussing issues openly and honestly
- Maintain confidentiality of records/information according to HIPAA, State, Federal laws and guidelines
- Report any instance of abuse, neglect, mistreatment and exploitation immediately to the appropriate Supervisor/Service Coordinator
- Display positive conduct in the community that enhances the image of individual(s) supported and the agency
- Be a compassionate, patient and encouraging support professional at all times; you are a caregiver and advocate for the individuals we serve
Apply here (not in the comments): https://casmircares.com/apply-online/